Getting your desired score on an English test isn’t always that easy, especially if you don’t practice properly. Even if your level of English proficiency is strong, you can still face difficulties while answering the questions or in managing the time.
This is why our PTE experts have come up with a guide on how to prepare for the PTE Academic test. Since, this year is ending and most of you are going to sit for your PTE exam next year, just go through the below resources, tips, and tricks, which will help you to get your desired PTE score.
Find out Your Desired Score
PTE (Pearson Test of English) Academic doesn’t have a pass or fail grade – it gives you a score based on your responses. Each immigration department, university, or employer has different minimum admission scores. The most common ones are 50, 65, or 79.
Knowing the score, you are targeting, or the score you need is really important. It determines how much effort should be spent preparing for the test. The amount of work you’ll have to put in also depends on the level of English you have when you start preparing for the exam.
Know the PTE Academic Test Format
The first step is to know the PTE test format perfectly. There are 3 main sections:
- Speaking & Writing
Get all the PTE Academic Preparation Resources
Here are all the materials you need to prepare:
- AIWAS Plus: It is an AI based PTE training tool, made by PTE Study Centre. It is made to make PTE preparation easier for PTE aspirants.
- PTE Score Guide: Understand how each task is scored is really essential. Go through our full PTE score guide to know about it more.
- PTE Academic Lessons: Here, you will find academic lessons that must help you to deepen your core English knowledge required to master the PTE test.
- Score Report Analysis: Our advanced AI tool was developed by PTE Study Centre to help students identify topics that they need to work on based on their previously attempted real or mock tests.
- AI Exam Prediction: The question sets in our prediction vault are highly likely to appear in your upcoming test.
- AI Study Guide: Our AI system is designed to generate a roadmap for all PTE candidates that is fully tailored to their individual language traits and skills.
- PTE Mock Test: The PTE scored mock test is a replica version of Pearson’s actual test. These tests are designed to either predict or give you a perfect understanding of the test format.
- Diagnostic Test: Use this exclusive tool to know your current level of English required to succeed in PTE
- Live Class Portal: PTE Study Centre is the only institute in Australia that provides a NON-STOP PTE training model through an innovative online learning platform, popularly known as “Live Class Portal”.
- Time Management Card: Our time management card gives you the tips and tricks to maintain the exam time perfectly.
Mistakes to avoid while preparing for PTE Academic
Don’t think you already know everything
This is a common mistake made by people who are overconfident in their English skills. I’m not trying to discourage you but keep your feet on the ground and be aware that you don’t know everything. Keep in mind that the things you don’t know or ignore can harm your score during this English test.
Don’t try to learn the vocabulary or word lists by heart
You need to encounter and understand each word in different contexts, and then use it in your own sentences. That’s how you expand your vocabulary. Learning new terms and phrases this way also ensures you’ll remember them even after taking PTE Academic.
Don’t think mastering one or two skills will compensate for the others
We all have strengths and weaknesses, but to pass PTE Academic, you’ll need to step up your game and improve all of your skills, especially the ones that you’re less confident in. This is the best way to ensure that you are fully prepared.
Don’t leave it until the last days to prepare for the test
You’ll need to begin preparing for the test in advance, not days before. Even if your level of English is strong it’s important to familiarise yourself with all parts of the test and undertake practice, so you learn how to manage your time and each task during the test. If you need to work on your language skills to achieve your desired score. Give yourself enough weeks before the test to improve those skills. How much time? It depends on your current language level, application deadlines, and so on.
Ready to start preparing for PTE Academic?
We hope that you have found all our tips and strategies helpful. Just follow all the above-mentioned things and you’ll be ready in no time!
Good luck for your upcoming PTE exam in 2022!