PTE is a widely accepted English language proficiency test for student visas and immigration visas across the world. Using Artificial Intelligence (AI) scoring, which offers an unbiased approach and a faster turn-around time for results. IELTS is jointly owned by British Council, IDP Australia, and Cambridge English Language Assessment on the other hand.
IELTS is accepted by universities, schools, employers and immigration bodies all over the world. A decent IELTS score can be your first step to study or work in Australia, Canada, New Zealand, UK, and the USA. Computerized PTE tests consist of essay writing to MCQs and from reading to saying your answers, putting up a headset. It’s similar to taking an online test, however not the best choice for people who type at a slow pace.
- IELTS generally is a standard pen and paper-based exam but also comes with computer-based tests.
- PTE tests are cheaper than IELTS.
- PTE scores are available within five business days. IELTS Paper test Report is available 13 days after your test. Where IELTS computer test results are available in 3 to 5 days after your test.
- PTE includes overall score from 10 to 90 points. A score for each communicative skill (listening, reading, speaking, and writing) and a score for each of the enabling skills. IELTS’s overall band score comprises from 0 to 9 is the average of the scores assigned to each of the sections: (listening, writing, reading and speaking. Scoring Accuracy in PTE is automated scoring against the Global Scale of English (Thermometer-style scale).
- IELTS is done by Human assessment and is subjective to manual errors. Where PTE is done without any human interaction, which makes the test unbiased.
If you need professional help in terms of choosing which way to go forward with, contact us and get advice from our industry professional trainers.