How to answer this question type
For this item type, you need to respond to the question in a few words.
The audio starts playing by itself. The microphone opens after the audio is finished, and the recording status box displays “Recording.” Speak directly into the microphone (no audio signal) and answer the question in a few words.
Things you need to remember:
- Firstly, you should speak clearly and slowly
- Secondly, finish speaking before the progress bar reaches the end. The display will change from “Recording” to “Completed”.
- Lastly, you only have one chance to record your response
- Don’t take too much time to answer the question.
- Try to keep your answer as short as possible.
Answer Short Question – Scoring Mechanism:
Your response is scored based on your comprehension ability of the question you’re given in the recording and also on how brief and accurate your response is. The appropriateness of the words in your response determines whether your response is right or wrong. No credit is provided if you don’t respond or if you respond incorrectly.
- This question type affects your listening, speaking and vocabulary scoring.
- This question type does not put your writing abilities to the test, and your reading skills are simply utilized to read the instructions.
- Download the Score Guide for additional details.
- You can also practice this question type in our AI Portal-AIWAS Plus.