English pronunciations play a major role in PTE marking. Most of the test takers get poor marks due to poor pronunciations. But if you know the tips and tricks, it’s really easy to get good marks in pronunciation.
Tips to Improve English Pronunciations
- Make sure you pronounce all the syllables correctly, including consonants and vowels. If you skip a syllable, it may turn into another word, costing you points for pronunciation and substance.
- You might start by speaking slowly and moving your mouth and lips as much as possible to articulate the word clearly. You can speed up and blend pronunciation and fluency once you’ve become used to it.
- Always try to adjust the microphone position correctly. Otherwise, you will lose marks unintentionally.
- Try to speak in a constant pitch. Pitch is a important part in the pronunciation marking. If you have a good grasp of the words and the microphone position seems to be good, you will most likely need to work on pitch.
- Try communicating in English whenever you see your friends or family. It will help you to do better pronunciation. Remember, practice makes a man perfect. The more you practice, the more you do better.
- Watch English TV shows and movies to gain more vocabulary and pronunciation techniques.
- Practice in our AI Portal AIWAS Plus. It has pitch detection technology. It also provides you with instant pronunciation feedbacks of where you need to improve.